Monday, September 22, 2014

Lost count....

It's Monday night and I managed to beat the traffic back to the hotel room this evening.  YAY!  I am falling behind in my days and sharing thoughts and happenings.  I was hoping to get another day documented this morning but I ran out of time.   

HOWEVER...  I am a lucky woman!  I awoke so exhausted on Sunday morning, but thankfully I had friends and family show up right from the start and recharge me all throughout the day.  What a great day it was!  Living in Maine, but growing up in Connecticut, I really don't get to see friends and family often enough. I would like to thank everyone who came out to support (and yes, harass me).  It was just what I needed.  Denise & Chip Pettengill came down from Lewiston, Maine to help out and keep me company over the weekend, wonderful friends Carol & Wayne Dubois came by and Carol has been helping me some days during the week.  It's so nice to get to spend some time with her.  My brother and his family came by,  favorite cousins, and folks I haven't seen in years... 

Some of my favorites... I've had some of my previous photography students show up which has been awesome!  I'm so tickled that they even remember me!  And I've had a number of folks introduce themselves by saying "We follow you on Facebook and its so nice to finally meet you!"  That caught me off guard but sure was a lot of fun to meet new folks who have been following my career.  Had a wonderful conversation with another talented photographer and his wife... I've been meeting so many nice new people.  I know I post things on Facebook in attempt to promote my business, but just wasn't sure how many folks out there were really paying attention.  I've had such wonderful feedback on my recent blog entries, especially the one about the little girl.  This is wonderful energy to keep me going on the long days.

The best surprise was when my buddy Kyle Flaum showed up with some of his family!  I haven't seen him in years and years!  I finally got to meet his fiance and her daughter and got to see Ashley, who has grown from a little girl to a young woman who's career I will be following.  Next year, perhaps Kyle (and Aaron's) folks will come up from PA for the Big E!?!  I've had folks that have purchased my work up in Maine at shows, Co-ops and shops recognize my work and say hi!.  It's been very rewarding.

All in all , it was a wonderful day of surprise visits that made me fee very special.  For that, I am grateful. 

One week from today, I should be pulling into my driveway at home ... assuming that is, that I can fit everything that came down in two trips with the truck and trailer into one trip home.  Wish me luck!

No comments: