Monday, July 5, 2010

New BLOG...

I'm trying a new BLOG.  I started my previous BLOG using software that was linked to my website.  It came in handy to share my experiences over the winter as I drove to Florida on a photography assignment.  However, as I attempted to keep the BLOG updated, I found the previous software didn't offer as many features as I would have liked.  Therefore, I am trying this version to see how I (and those who would like to post comments) like the new layout & features.  

The advantages to this new BLOG appear to be many.  I can have a list of followers and know if anyone is really keeping track of my progress, or if I am just writing to entertain myself.  :-)   It will be easier to share updates on Facebook and other social networks.  It will be easier to add photos.  With my previous version, I could only attach images that I'd already added to my website, which is no small feat.  That alone, prevented me from adding images from the road, that would have been fun to share.  It seems as though I can easily upload images, even if they are not yet added to my website.  I will be able to link videos, podcasts and hopefully, this new BLOG will offer more exposure as it is linked to the blogspot.com community.

Please feel free to leave comments, either positive or negative.  I do still have to approve all comments before they post, so please don't be discouraged if they don't appear automatically.

Thanks!  

4 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Lori, Like the looks of the new blog and it sounds more useful to you. Good luck with it! Would be really kool to be there when the loons hatched.
Jim

Mom said...

Hope you get to catch the hatching of the loons. That would be so cool. Mom

Lori A. Davis, Photographer said...

Yep! It would be cool! I'm trying. Though I'd have good light for awhile this morning, so I started out. Then of course, the darned sun came out! That will make photographing the loon on the nest just too contrasty. Perhaps I'll try again tonight or earlier tomorrow AM.

Unknown said...

Well this is the same blog I use and so it is quite easy to leave comments, looks good and I think you will like this set up much better. Oh by the way the sun comes and goes here. Good Luck with this.