Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day TWO...

Was an interesting day, but thankfully pretty easy.  Now I know how the moose feel with all the people standing around and pointing....  I have an even greater respect for their tolerance.

I've heard the word "WOW!" a lot, and its always fun to watch people's expressions as they first view one of my images. That will always be my reward for bringing images back to share.

Kathy Bridge has rescued me multiple times with her keen organizational skills, often "readjusting" or "fixing" items that I put out.  My display looks so much better, thanks to her. 

My photographer friend Sue came down from New Hampshire to help out and has been keeping me quite entertained.  It rained pretty good much of Saturday afternoon, which drew folks indoors.  Sue was way too entertained by all of the comments that I hear on a regular basis while setup at shows.  People can be quite niave when it comes to identifying wildlife (loons are ducks or "tuxedo ducks", moose and deer are apparently interchangeable and the most common inquiry after asking who took all the photos is "YOU""!?!?"  I finally asked a very friendly woman why she was so suprirised by my answer and she thought a moment and said, "oh my gosh, I have no  idea why!".  Perhaps so many folks are having others sell their works at events that they don't expect to see the artist there pedaling her own wares.  I thought that was a better explanation than saying..."You?  ... A woman?"  Or something like that.  That was an interesting twist that I hadn't expected for an answer and actually made sense to me.  I am used to doing art shows or Maine Artisan Co-ops where the creator is on premesis representing their works.  I guess that really is not the "norm" when you think about how much work is sold wholesale, in shops and by others.  I was glad I asked.

In the meantime, Sue is here for a second day.  We will try to keep track of which comments may be appropriate to list here.  We are entertained by many, but its probably not appropriate to  list them here... 

Only 15 more days to go...

No comments: