Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sorry for my absence...

I can't believe its been almost a month and a half since my last post.  Thank you for those who have taken the time to check back. I apologize for not keeping up.  I've had shows every weekend and have been going crazy w/ production of prints, matting, framing, note cards, filling orders, etc...  You'd think I'd be RICH by now!

Another project that has been taking up much of my time is the new website.  The site I've had for a few years now, has really been very disappointing for tech support. In a desperate rush to get a new site up before the holiday rush, I've been working on that most of the past two weeks, when I'm not at or preparing for shows.   Those of you familiar with my collection of images will notice some changes.  The old site had over 800 images, the new site, at this time, only has 235 or so.  Once this is up & running, I will be able to add more images, however, I didn't want to invest lots of time adding images until I was sure the new site could do what I wanted.  The design of this site will be very different.  You will hopefully be happy to see much larger thumbnails and there will be much less clicking required.  I welcome feedback, both positive and negative. 

This afternoon, I've made the attempt to transfer my domain name of www.LoriDavisPhotography.Com to the new site.  It can take up to two days, but hopefully all will go smoothly.  You may have to update your bookmarks, since the new site will actually be LoriDavisPhotography.Com and not the shopping cart site that you were directed to before.  I'd like to thank my friend Gene Thompson for all of his hard work helping me figure out the new site.  He's been a huge help!

I've only got two shows left for the 2010 season.  My body & mind are both looking forward to a break!  I'll be in Northport, Maine this weekend.  Then the first weekend in December, I'll be in Hartford, CT for a three day show.  After that, I'll be working on adding more images to the website... even scanning some slides from trips that no one has seen yet!  I'm kinda looking forward to that.

Thanks again for checking back.  I appreciate your support!



 

No comments: